Monday, November 28, 2005

Registration Continued

Ok, I'm glad to report that I received my confirmation number from the ECFMG today. This means that I can now BEGIN the application process. Everything else before this was just part of the pre-application to see if you're eligible to write this exam. Isn't it comforting to know that you're just an average Joe? No express line in this operation. No pre-boarding, even if you're that obnoxious kid who doesn't deserve to get on the flight before everyone else. This is the ECFMG baby! The last bastion of egalitarianism on this thing called the internet. Ok, gets back on track here. Focus. It took about 20 minutes to fill out all of the forms with my details like my address, phone number, name of medical school...etc. I thought I might have to pick an exact date for the exam but it's actually pretty cool: you get to pick a 3 month eligibility period, so pick wisely. I picked the Jun-Aug period. You never know, I just might be sitting beside you while you are sweating it out trying to remember how many ATPs come out of Krebs cycle. Anyways, after all of this anticipation just to get the application started, I got the big reward: a $695.00 charge to the credit card of my choice! Nobody said becoming a doctor would be cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home