Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Progress schmogress

Got an email from ECFMG stating they received Form 183. Less than 10 days to go before they approve me :)

Ok, enough with the procedural stuff for now. Let us begin the first segment in our series of discussions on USMLE study books. I recently purchased the Robbins Review of Pathology 2nd Edition. A 419 page tome of titillating material composed of case-oriented multiple choice questions. It's pretty comprehensive and compared to the Pre-test pathology book (which I also have, but wouldn't quite call titillating) I would say the Robbins questions contain longer cases, more pictures, are slightly harder and are more detailed. However, the Pre-test answers are often more detailed. Robbins has different chapters on male/female genital pathology, while Pre-test combines the two topics. Robbins also has a section of Micro, which I thought was pretty brutal. But then again, I sort of suck at Micro anyways. In contrast, Pre-test has an entire book just on Micro. Pre-test has some high yield notes at the beginning of the book, but to be honest, they are not that good. Check your local book store to see for yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same Robbins book. I use it regularly with my school lectures. Not a bad book.

January 11, 2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home