Thursday, December 22, 2005

ECFMG Blues

Ok, I checked online at OASIS last night and discovered that my application for Step 1 was rejected. I called ECFMG this morning, and learned that I had entered my birthdate incorrectly, somehow reversing the month and date. Sounds like a simple thing to change, right? Wrong. I have to send a copy of my birth certificate, passport and now I have to wait for them to manually change it in my records. Then, I HAVE TO RESUBMIT EVERYTHING AGAIN! EVERYTHING. INCLUDING FORM 183 (Which will be identical to the last one). It's so frustrating. I can understand that the ECFMG has to be ever vigilant and verify everything -- we can't have a bunch of phony docs out there. But at the same time, there is no need for this asinine, power hungry attitude, forcing people to redo applications from scratch with only MINOR (and I mean minor) discrepancies. I heard someone had to resubmit an entire application because he was missing a "-" in his school name. It's this sort of bureaucratic red tape that makes the licensing procedure unnecessarily long. And it’s not like I’m asking them to license me...yet. All I’m asking if for the privilege of writing the exam. The next time you complain about the doctor shortage in your area, or how long the queue is to see your doctor, think about who you should complain to. Here we go again...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That totally sucks. Best of luck to you. Hope everything goes smoothly the second time around.

December 24, 2005 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home