Wednesday, November 30, 2005

More on the now Infamous Form 183

As a starving medical student with only the merest of provisions, I was forced to venture into the much dreaded public computer lab, aka germ central, to print off a copy of Form 183. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? Well go ahead, try it. See if it works for you. I printed the page 3 times and each time the right margin was cut off. After fiddling with the page settings, I was finally able to print the now infamous form. Phew.

Now for the passport photo. Conveniently, there was a coin-operated photo booth on campus and for the low low price of US$9.00 (using today's exchange rate and rounding up to the nearest dollar) I was able to obtain 4 glamour shots that you might just see on the next cover of Vogue (or GQ. Am I a man or a woman?) I glanced at my watch and noticed that the time was suspiciously close to the end of office hours at the medical school. Running frantically towards the opposite end of campus, I reached my destination, hair still immaculately coiffed. My skill in arts and crafts, acquired during my formative years in grade school, served me well as I dextrously taped (not stapled or paperclipped! -- read the instructions carefully) my photo onto the page. I was surprised at how receptive the administrator was to completing the form, even offering to mail it directly to the ECFMG in Philly. I am not sure what the next step is. I will keep you informed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use the Force. Use the force!

December 01, 2005 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things go better for you. Doing anything international sucks. I hope you get every thing you need.
Heidi

December 01, 2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger Pollicis said...

Thanks Heidi. Sounds like you didn't have much fun as an IMG?

December 03, 2005 2:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I can't access or print my form 183. I have made the payment. Help me out please?

December 23, 2013 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home