Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Post-Exam Musings IV

How similar was Kaplan to the real thing. Hmmm, lets see. Overall, I think the real thing was harder than Kaplan. I think the real thing tended to make you think a little harder, and after a while, Kaplan really does repeat lots of questions/concepts. There weren't any really rare diseases on my Step 1 exam, but Kaplan had a fair bit of esoterica which I don't think was relevant for me.

Goljan: Ok fine, the dude know's what he's talking about, but when he says stuff like "this is definitely on the exam", it's more than likely not. I didn't have a single question that he talked about. Also, all of those high-yield lists are mostly low-yield. No buzzwords on my exam at all.

It's almost time for my scores to arrive. Won't be long now!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was pleased reading your blog on Step 1, keep them tips coming, am so into a 99!

December 05, 2008 7:23 AM  
Blogger griseofulvin said...

Hi Pollicis,

Love your blog. I daresay its the best USMLE blog on at the moment. If you do want sponsors or want to start a working relationship, so get in touch.

Eugene

November 23, 2009 4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your USMLE blog is really good, thank you for putting time into it. If you are interested in some advise about USMLE prep, there is only two things you actually need. You need USMLE firstaid and you need USMLE denver notes. You need absolutely nothing else. I got 99 in step 1, and that is all that I did. cheers!

October 15, 2013 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and here is the websites:
http://usmle.net
http://denvernotes.com

October 15, 2013 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

usmle

October 15, 2013 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

USMLE WORLD

October 15, 2013 10:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi guys I want some advice for taking step1 I took step1 twice did not make good score then I decided to be an rn did prereq now has to aply in the college but now I am thinking to take step 1 any advice will be appriciated.kaplan usmle latest edition

April 21, 2014 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home