Monday, September 25, 2006

Post-Exam Musings VI

Where the hell is my score? I called ECFMG and they told me the letter was mailed on September 15. How can it possibly take this long for a letter to go from the USA to, hmmm, where I live. Where do I live anyways? This is getting really annoying. Most of my friends now have their scores, and, so far, everyone has passed.

Timing: I took a break after almost every block. For some reason, I had to pee during the entire exam. I had a swig of coffee just to get me going in the morning, and, combined with a bit of pre-exam anxiety, the perfect storm for pee formation was created. As I've mentioned before, Kaplan random blocks of 50 took me less than 30 minutes, most of the time. On the real exam, I found I went a lot slower, and had less than 10 minutes remaining on every block. Some blocks, I only had 4-6 minutes remaining at the end. Given my liberal question check-marking strategy, this was some cause for concern -- getting through 15 marked questions in 4 minutes was something of a task. The actual process of going pee took several steps -- signing out, running down the hall, flashing my passport and signing back in. Even though there were over 15 people writing Step1 or 2 at the same time, I never encountered any queues during the sign-on process (save the initial process at the start of the exam)

Where the hell is my score?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home